A few weeks ago, Angie from Chasing My Halo nominated me for a Liebster Award- a way for others to discover and learn more about smaller blogs like mine. I was given eleven questions to answer about myself and my blog, and at the end of the post I’ll nominate ten other bloggers to do the same. I usually tend to shy away from link ups and nomination posts (sometimes I feel like I can’t be truly genuine or original with those types of posts), but every once in a while it’s nice to mix things up & try something different. 🙂
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog? When I started my blog, I tried thinking of something witty and original. My tumblr blog is called Oh So Easily Amused, but I really wanted something different. I went with “I Am Kelly,” intending to change it later on, but eventually decided to keep it. I’m still figuring out what direction I want to take my blog, but ultimately, I want everyone who reads it to feel like they are having a one-on-one conversation with me in every post. When I meet someone for the first time, the very first thing they know about me is my name (Kelly), and then as we go deeper into conversation, they learn more about my story and where I currently am in my life’s journey.
2. What is one word that sums up the heart of your blog and why? I’m going to copy Angie’s answer, and also say “genuine.” Even though I love writing, I made a decision early on not to write unless I feel like I’m writing from the heart. I don’t necessarily have the desire to become a full-time blogger because I couldn’t handle posting every single day. I always want to make sure that I am 100% certain that what I post is something I am proud of, and gives readers a true glimpse into my heart. Being genuine sometimes means being vulnerable, but I think transparency is a rare and beautiful thing.
3. What are your favorite pastimes other than blogging? I love reading, eating good food, binge-watching t.v. shows on Netflix, and traveling with my husband (he is the best travel companion).
4. What is your favorite aspect of blogging? I really love the community aspect of it, but I also love, love, love taking pictures and sharing them through my blog. I love being able to supplement my writing with photographs that I think help tell my stories just a little bit better.
5. Which project, recipe or idea on my blog would you most like to try yourself? Definitely the recipe for Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. Just because fall is over doesn’t mean that pumpkin flavored things need to go away too.
6. Where does your blog inspiration come from? Places Caleb & I visit, thoughts about being a married college student, and anything Jesus inspires me to write through my own personal devotion time.
7. What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why? SO MANY COUNTRIES. I couldn’t pick just one, but Thailand is definitely high on my list. If I had to list a reason, it would be so that Caleb and I can hang out with Mark Wiens.
8. If you have children, what are their names? If not, what are your favorite girl and boy names? We don’t have children yet…and hopefully will keep it that way for a while. However, we’ve decided on two names for our future children: Phoebe Jane & Judah Daniel.
9. A long-lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it? Pay off all our student loan debt, travel, and become full-time missionaries.
11. Where do you see yourself in five years time? Hopefully Caleb and I will still be childless, and finishing up our second contract as English teachers somewhere in Asia.
For my ten nominees, I am nominating:
Victoria @ Sincerelyvictoriaharrison.blogspot.com
Shelly @ www.loganandjack.blogspot.com
Kayty @ www.simplysheard.blogspot.com
Als @ Www.fimo-creazioni.it
Terrence @ www.girlrepurposed.com
Tabitha @ www.arbitraryscrawling.com
Lana @ www.kosherthis.blogspot.com
Go check these ladies out!